Living Artfully

by - April 08, 2009


Living Artfully is not some great term I came up with... it's actually the title of a book I own and love. It's not a how-to craft book or manual. It's really just an encouragement to live creatively and to bring art into every facet of your life. I think we get stuck in this idea that doing art is being a painter or a potter. Doing art is expressing yourself creatively in any way that makes you happy.

A few months ago we decided to do a family art project. We all sat around a canvas and did whatever we felt like. I later went in a filled in some of the bare spots and tried to generally pull it all together. Please don't make any mistake, I am not trained in ANY way in painting. I just love colour, I love mixing them and making them move and I paint for myself and for my Creator who gave me a love for the colours He created. BUT I don't paint for anyone else.
I have included a picture that we created together and it will be on display in our new home up north.
I would encourage families, couples, singles with friends, whole communities, churches, neighborhoods, to do a project together, it's good for the soul.
If you have any desire to read Living Artfully by Sandra Magsamen you can borrow my copy, check out her website:

You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. That is great Steph!! : ) Love the painting because you do it because you love doing it and it's a way to worship.
    I love being artistic. I don't do it because I am a trained artist and can make thousands of dollars selling it. I do it because it makes me feel happy and I feel close to God.

    Ahhhh colour! It's magical to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Doing art is expressing yourself creatively in any way that makes you happy"

    This is beautiful! Creating beauty with other people is such a bonding and spiritualy energizing experience. I really like this post.

    p.s. I want to tell you that your blog makes my heart SIGH in joy. It's actually inspired me to start bloggin.

    your terrific.

    -Sincerely,
    Shannon from next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANKS Shannon!!! Send me the link to your blog... I would LOVE to read it!

    ReplyDelete