Overnight Oatmeal ~ love it.

by - April 10, 2014

I'm sure you've seen this floating around facebook.  I decided to try after my 28 day Clean Gut cleanse as a way of eating oatmeal again without the gluten.

Overnight Oatmeal
1 cup almond or coconut milk
1/2 cup whole oats (large flake)
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 tbsp. raisins
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp ground flax seed

Mix everything in a mason jar. Screw on lid and place in fridge overnight.

By morning the chia seeds have softened and all the milk has been absorbed. I really love it. My husband prefers dried cranberries.  I like mine cold but I have a co-worker who warms her's up and loves it.

Are oats gluten free?  Well it actually depends on the company you buy them from.  Quaker says that can't help some cross contamination and testing shows gluten in their product. What companies are gluten free?  Here are a few:
Bob's Red Mill 
Cream Hill Estates
Only Oats 

Check your local bulk food or health food store!

I JUST found this recipe at theyummylife.com ~ Pineapple Coconut Oatmeal.  I will be trying that out! (Click on the picture below for the recipe)  For a link to a bunch more varieties of overnight oatmeal check out The Yummy Life website HERE.

You May Also Like

0 comments