New Years Resolution

by - July 20, 2009

2009 is over half way complete. Scary. I'm usually not one for making New Years Resolutions simply due to my poor track record in the past. This year I made one I have never made before and this morning I realized I'm still on track to complete it. Shocking.


What was this miraculous resolution that is actually attainable?


I decided to read a book a month. Simple.


So far this is what I have read this year:


*January: The Shack (Young)

*February: Irresistible Revolution (Claiborne)

*March: The Book of Negros (Hill)

*April: The Alchemist (Coelho)

*May: The Book of Negros(Hill) - no this isn't a typo... I just HAD to read it again.

*June: So you don't want to go to Church anymore? (Jacobsen/Coleman)

July: Three Cups of Tea (Mortenson)


I have a stack of books to pick from for the rest of the year but if you have a suggestion for an amazing book you've read please post it... I'm open for suggestions! I have put an asterisk beside the books I own so if you would like to borrow one... just give me a shout, I would recommend all of them.


(If you live outside of Canada the book by Lawrence Hill was released as "Someone knows my name" instead of "The Book of Negros".)

You May Also Like

5 comments

  1. I have read a few of the same books:
    1. The Shack
    2. So you don't want to go to Church anymore

    I liked them both. I found, SYDWTGTCA (haha) very, very healing. And I do actually go to Church. Very great read though, it made me aware of things that I do not want to fall into.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Holly, really showed how to be authentic even when you are a part of the organization.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooo...AUTHENTIC is like our favorite word at the moment!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read Three Cups of Tea a while back. Quite enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Didn't it just make you want to go out and do something AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete