Canoe Bling

by - August 17, 2010

Well, my 12 year old Kevlar canoe... my pride and joy, needed a face lift.  The UV had done a number on the finish and it was badly scratched.  So, I did what I always do.  I painted it.




If you've never painted something large... you need to try it.  Even if it's just a huge piece of plywood you find at the back of the garage.  There is something about doing art on a BIG scale that just makes you stand back and say wow.  I can't say it enough... art is not about doing something that fits into a certain box.  It's ALL about putting yourself out there, through paint, pottery, beads, yarn, words, crayons, etc.  It's about having fun and expressing your soul.

Eagle

Whale fin

You May Also Like

5 comments

  1. Pretty cool, it looks like a Maori canoe. You are a great Artist.
    Be cool you guys, over here the weather is so hot you wouldn´t believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bic, I have heard you guys are getting scorched down there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, scorched ir the right word to use.I feel really sad my friends, a lot, and i mean a lot of forest burned down all over Portugal.There were particular trees ,plants,animals that were almost extinct and now are...our children will have only photos of these in the future, this is supposed to be the Biosfere year, but i´ve only seen disgrace and misery all over the world.
    The gulf of mexico oil spill,forest fires in Portugal,forest fires in Brazil,should i go on ?
    Sorry for this, to tell you the truth i´m loosing all faith in men...be cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job! Maybe I should hand over my 30+ year old canoe that we gave up on and now hangs in the garage, looking very lonely when we go and rent canoes for our camping trips!

    ReplyDelete