Curried Cranberry Couscous

by - August 24, 2010

couscous

I know what you’re thinking… where has she been?  We had a bit of a laptop meltdown in July, something about not being able to find the operating system.  Apparently this is a bad thing. Enter new laptop finally.  So I’m hoping you will be hearing from me more often now!  Yeah for you.  As a peace offering here is my favourite summer camping salad.  Also good in the fall, winter and oh yeah, spring!

 

1 cup couscous

1 1/4 cup boiling water

3/4 cup dried cranberries

1 Tbsp. curry powder

1 tsp. salt

1 Tbsp. sugar

1/2 orange, juiced

3 Tbsp. olive oil

4 scallions chopped

2 Tbsp. chopped parsley

1/2 lemon, juiced

3/4 cup walnuts OR almonds, toasted.

Stir couscous, cranberries, curry, salt, and sugar in a heat safe bowl (glass).  Add boiling water and orange juice.  Stir to combine, cover, and let stand for 5 min.

Fluff the couscous with a fork.  Add the olive oil, scallions, parsley, lemon juice, and nuts.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Great warm or cold.

I take this camping every year because it packs up to the beach really well!

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. thanks Steph...I have always wanted to get this recipe from you! I know from personal experience that this recipe ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete