Food Resolution ~ January

by - January 18, 2013

Ok, I didn't go wild and crazy for my first month of this new food journey.  I'm dragging my family along for the ride and figured it was best to throw them in the shallow end rather than the deep one!  We started with a young coconut.  No, I've never had one before. I have tons of experience with the hard shredded variety, with the store bought milk, even cracking open a hard brown coconut.  This was something entirely different. 

First I had to figure out how to get into it.  Thank you youtube!

http://youtu.be/QPvhxeg_PUA  this video was helpful!

Then I had to decide what to DO with it.  We all tasted the flesh raw on it's own to get an idea of the flavor.  Then I blended the flesh, the water and some bananas and frozen strawberries to make the best smoothie I have ever tasted!

A few crappy pictures (my bad):



 
Overall I would say everyone needs to try this at least once!
 


You May Also Like

0 comments