December Photo Project ~ 12/15/09 & COOKIES

by - December 15, 2009

These are my favorite cookies to make with the boys. They don't require a mixer, just a bowl and a wooden spoon. I like them because the are so versatile, you can switch up a few things and have a completely different cookie. (You will see what I mean) In the time it took me to get the camera I lost one as you can see (Dave, I know where you sleep!)

1 cup butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 pkg vanilla INSTANT pudding mix (I highlight this fact because I have purchased the wrong one in the past with very dire results)
1 tbsp. milk
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups milk chocolate chips

Line baking sheet with parchment paper (or grease them).
In a large bowl mix together butter and both sugars. Stir in pudding mix and milk. Stir in eggs and vanilla.
In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir into butter mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop by heaping 1 tbsp about 2 inches apart (I use a small ice-cream scoop cause I'm lazy!) on prepared pans. Bake in centre of 350 degree oven until edges are golden, about 12 min. Let cool for 5 min on baking sheet. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Makes about 3 doz.

NOW... I have done the following combos:
Chocolate pudding with semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Butterscotch pudding with Scor bits
Chocolate pudding with white chocolate chips and pecans
Chocolate pudding with peanut butter chips
Butterscotch pudding with milk chocolate chips
and so on, and so on, and so on....

and THAT is why I love this cookie!

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Ohhh...I just sat down with a steaming hot cup of liquid comfort, (known more commonly as tea)...Now I know what would make this moment perfection...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm now dreaming of a hot cup of coffee and one of your amazing peanut butter cup cookies!!

    ReplyDelete