Catching up on my Books

by - May 18, 2010

I just realized I missed posting my March and April books so here we gooo....

March I read something....hmmmm, oh yeah...
THIS ONE:
SUPER FREAKONOMICS by Levitt & Dubner.
I loved it.  But I loved the first Freakonomics book so I knew I would.  It's just a lot of really interesting true facts and how they effect economics today or in the past. 
A breakdown of what's covered:

Introduction: Putting the Freak in Economics

Chapter 1: How is a street prostitute like a department-store Santa?
Chapter 2: Why should suicide bombers buy life insurance?
Chapter 3: Unbelievable stories about apathy and altruism
Chapter 4: The fix is in---and it's cheap and simple
Chapter 5: What do Al Gore and Mount Pinatubo have in common?



OK, onto April.  That one was a bit more disturbing.

BUYOLOGY by Lindstrom
From The Hippie Moose
It was a bit of a wake-up call in terms of being more aware of advertisers and how pervasive the whole business is.  It's everywhere, the price they pay to do it could end world hunger, and it makes me sick. If anything I have stopped buying anything I don't need to.
I will cover one of those things in my next post...... but I digress.

Both books came from my local library and I would recommend both for different reasons.

NEXT BOOK.... something a little more uplifting.

You May Also Like

0 comments