Window Dressing

by - May 22, 2010

Well the back window of our pick-up cap is finally fixed.  I'm not going to point any fingers but SOMEBODY was driving the truck with the window up and smashed it out.  The sound could be heard for miles and was akin to a grenade going off.  Needless to say.... no more window.

We looked into buying a replacement window.... and looked at the guy at Truck World as if he had just lost his mind.....  You want HOW MUCH for a piece of glass?  Did you blow it yourself?

We looked at getting a new cap on Kijiji (where we found our current one) and found some nice deals but I would have to REPAINT, and WASTE the one we have.... that seemed pretty wrong.

SO..... we made one.  Perfect...it is not.  Functional... yes.  Funky.... FOR SURE!

Pictures....ok:

In process....

Glue is drying....


Installed and painted.

I don't know how long it will last, but for now it works.

You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. that looks better than the original glass..nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Allie! And it only took us about 7 months to get around to doing! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks totally awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm your newest follower and loving your cute little blog!

    And I LOVE the dreads! I'm jealous- hubby would kill me if I dreaded mine.... Well, I couldn't get away with it at my stupid corporate job, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Hippie Mommie! It's amazing what a huge scarf will cover for those corporate types! Welcome!

    ReplyDelete