Dready Anniversary

by - May 04, 2010

In honour of my Dreadlock Anniversary last week I took a look at the blogs I read that just happen to be written by fellow dready's.  They are some pretty amazing people!  SO....a shout out to all my fellow dready momma's in blogland.    Amazing women like Sara at Walk Slowly, Live Wildly.  The Organic Sister Tara and her new wandering tales...  the amazing pictures at Boho Photography.

From The Hippie Moose
I was in the middle of painting my bike so unfortunately I'm sporting my favorite painting shirt.

I'm pretty thrilled that my dreads are starting to grow.  They spent the first year locking up and getting shorter (ggrrrr). 

Question asked most often..... how do I clean them.  I'm glad you asked!

Fill a sink or container with:

1/2 cup baking soda
8 drop tea tree oil*
2 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. sea salt.
Fill with really hot water... as hot as you can handle.
Soak for 10 min.
Leave  for another 30 min wrapped in a towel.
Rinse.

* If you are not a fan of tea tree oil sub in something you love the smell of!

You May Also Like

7 comments

  1. Your dreads are beautiful, Steph.

    I've never heard of such a washing regime before. Sounds great. I always washed mine with doctor bronner's bar soap. I think your way would be a lot cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooohh your dreads look lovely friend. they make me miss mine.

    peace and love.
    liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. It´s in moments like these that i feel really depressed about being bald. :(
    I´m not just an egg head,no mam ! (:(
    Bald people have rights to, or to quote Bob Marley
    Stand up,get up stand up for ya rights...bald on !!!I sometimes wonder if Bob was bald, if he would be so famous ?!
    Love your hair !
    «:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool!!!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all! Bic, don't feel bad, they don't put marble tops on cheap furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy dreadiversary!! They look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bic... I wasn't offended!!! I was joking back with ya!! My Dad is bald and that's his favorite line!

    Thanks Tara!

    ReplyDelete