Garden's ahoy

by - January 17, 2010

Ok, lame title but I've been throwing up for the past 24 hours and deserve a break on the creativity side of things. I have been flipping through seed catalogues during my downtime and I'm getting excited about planning this years garden. I'm pretty sure I posted about Seeds Of Diversity last year but here is the link to all the great seed sales, mostly in BC and Ontario.



In the USA? Seed Savers is also a great organization. I've had a lot of success with their seeds...


and... they have a blog...sweet!

Here is an interesting article about planting according to the moon cycles... if want to give it a go there are lots of places to pick up calenders... just google moon phase gardening.
The farmers almanac sells a 2010 calender with the moon info included.
Sorry this post is so "linky"!!

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. This is so cool. I hope you post pictures of your garden this spring and summer! I've always wanted to grow a garden, but I'm right in the city. Also, I kill everything I try and grow! Crazy how a person with a passion for urban and community gardens can't make anything grow! My mother, however, can bring practically dead plants to life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH!! :*( I hope you are feeling better now! I have been looking through seed catalogs as well. Weird thing is, that I am totally into veggies this year...not into flowers. Shaun is going to make me some raised gardens in a "wasted space area" but a sunny spot, in our yard. (I will take pictures)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool Holly! You are my garden hero, can't wait to see what you can do with food! You should head to a seed sale and see what you can do with some of the heirloom seed varieties!!
    Pittsburgh I can totally relate.... I've gone from killing simply ivy plants to trying to produce food for the whole family... It's a learning curve! You should do some container gardening... easy to do tomatoes and can your own sauces etc.!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Steph, have you ever been to this website? www.yougrowgirl.com. It's a really neat blog about urban gardening here in Ontario.

    ReplyDelete