Resolution 2010

by - January 08, 2010

As you might recall from last year my resolution was to read a book-a-month. I was successful and feel that I like my odds for 2010 so here we go again! Here is the list from 2009:
January: "The Shack" (Young)
February: "Irrisistible Revolution" (Claiborne)
March: "The Book of Negros" (Hill)
April: "The Alchemist" (Coelho)
May: "The Book of Negros" (Hill) ~ yes, again.
June: "So You Don't Want To Go To Church Anymore?" (Jacobsen)
July: "Three Cups of Tea" (Morentson)
August: "Three Day Road" (Boyden)
September: "Any Known Blood" (Hill)
October: "They Do It With Mirrors" (Christie)
November: "A Good Yarn" (Macomber)
December: "Alice in Wonderland" (Carroll)

It would be hard to pick a favorite from 2009, The Alchemist has been a long time favorite and I read it once a year. In terms of books I had never read before I will have to say my favorite fiction was "The Book of Negros" and favorite non-fiction was "Irrisistable Revolution".

So here we go with 2010.
January: "A Million Miles in a Thousand Years" (Miller)

Yes, I have already finished my January book. It was SO good I couldn't put it down and was so dissappointed when it was over. It's all about living a good story, and what it takes to change the story you are living.

You May Also Like

7 comments

  1. I´m going to compile a small list of my favourites and send them to you.
    That book you suggested : "A Million Miles in a Thousand Years"...Is this from Miller,the "Henry miller" ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some really great books! "The Shack" is on my list to read soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bic, it's by Donald Miller! I would love to see your list! Pitssburgh, The Shack was a great read! Let me know what you think!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is my very small book list.
    I´m giving you some names from some very old writters, these are just Foreigner writters.

    Jorge Amado :Dona flor and her two husbands.(AN EXCELLENT BOOK FILLED WITH HUMOR.)
    Jorge Amado : Captains of the Sands(A drama, but what a book).

    Jose Mauro de Vasconcelos:My Plant of Orange-Lime (Another excellent Brazilian Author).

    José Maria Ferreira de Castro: The Jungle(The story of a Portuguese Imigrant in the Amazons of Brazil.

    Henri Charriere: Papillon (Excellent).

    Fernando Pessoa: English Poems (If you like poetry here is something quite marvelous almost unreal).

    Teixeira de Pascoaes: St. Paul (Don´t know if you guys can get an English versin of this But if you can...go ahead !)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, I wouldn´t feel good about myself if i didn´t added a few more names to the list ...Damn, we could be here all day !

    Carlos Castaneda: Journey to Ixtlan(The other books from Castaneda i found them "TOLERABLE" but this one i loved it!)

    Erich Maria Remarque: All Quiet on the Western Front ( This book changed my life, It turned me into a pacifist, It was one of the first books to be burned in bonfires by the Nazis.)

    Hermann Hesse: Siddharta(Everyone should read it...)

    Henry Miller:The Books in My Life(A book about books).
    Here is a summorized version from Miller´s opinion :
    http://www.wisdomportal.com/Books/HenryMiller-100Books.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jason gave me a book for my birthday (which he does every year) by Yan Martel (one of my very favourite authors). It's called 'What is Steven Harper reading?'

    For the last few years Yan has sent a book to the Prime Minister every two weeks with a letter talking about why he feels the book is important to read. The book Jason gave me is a list of the books and copies of the letters. Should keep me busy for a LONG time!

    Happy reading, Steph!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel, that's such an interesting concept for a book! Bic, I can get a bunch of those at my local library, I've already reserved a few!

    ReplyDelete