My kids are not the most gentle creatures when entering and exiting a vehicle. So it came as no surprise to find my thin cotton seat covers ripped to shreds. It was just a matter of time. So when I started looking around for replacements I knew I had to go much more heavy duty. Do you know how much those things cost to buy?? I mean REALLY. So I was going over some old posts here on the ol’ blog and fond memories stirred when reading THIS ONE. So I put the same idea to use and came up with these ……..
Overall I would rate these as a pretty easy project. I had to run out a few times to make sure they fit and pin them for adjustments. My old seat covers only covered the back and not the butt, so these go that extra mile by adding a flap of material to cover the seat as well. The great thing about using jean is I just cut around objects like the seat belt hardware and didn’t bother to finish the seams. I didn’t attach the two seat covers together but I might do this at a later date to make sure they don’t shift around. I did a bit of a his & hers theme by appliquéing some elements on each one. I got some flowers, hearts and patches. HE got a big sun, waves, and a barefoot print.