Sugar Suzuki

Some cakes you make are pretty boring, you’re just giving the client what they want!  Then there are those cakes you get to do as you wish, what I like to call the “free reign” cakes!  This past weekend I delivered just such a cake.  My sweet friend Wendy turned 40 recently and had her party on Saturday night.  We were already booked elsewhere so we missed the shindig, but I got to go nuts with some sugar!
_MG_0077

_MG_0076
Fire pit and Stringer Pond

_MG_0074
Wendy's Apple Orchard

_MG_0054 _MG_0075
The icing is butter cream with meringue powder, all the decorations are made of fondant with gum-tex, except the pretzel logs in the fire pit and the chocolate rocks for the pathway. The pond is piping gel tinted blue.

No Waste shopping at Bulk Barn

I recently viewed a video on Facebook of a supermarket that creates no waste.  All of the containers are reusable and you simply fill, use, ...