Burger Buns... so fast they should wear a cape!

by - January 29, 2011

I found a recipe for fast burger buns and thought I would try them.  The process is a bit different from anything I had ever done before but I was really pleased with them and the great thing is they only require 40 min. of proofing/rising.

Here is the recipe:
4.5 cups flourIMG_0013 ( I used two cups all purpose & 2.5 cups whole wheat)
2 tbsp. yeast
1 cup milk
3/4 cup water
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup oil (i used olive oil)
3 tbsp. honey.
In a bowl combine 2 cups of flour and the yeast.  Stir to mix the yeast through.
Heat the water, milk, honey, salt, and oil until warm but NOT hot. (I just microwaved the whole thing in a glass measuring cup for a minute on high).
Stir this into the flour until it’s all combined.  Add the rest of the flour gradually until you have a soft dough.  Knead until soft and smooth.  Cover the bowl with a towel and let the dough rest for 10 min.
Roll out the dough to 1/2 inch thick using a round cutter of some sort.  Place on a greased baking sheet (I used parchment paper instead) and let rise for 30 min.  Bake for 12-15 min. at 400 degrees.

This recipe should make about 2 dozen buns.  If you have no use for 2 dozen.... hold on and I'll show you what I did with the other half...... to be continued.

You May Also Like

0 comments