Resolutions Past & Present

If you recall, last year I resolved to read a book a month.  No problem.  I think I went a bit off the rails in posting my reading adventure so I will briefly sum up….


January: A Million Miles in a Thousand Years (Miller) ~ spiritual
February: Ignore Everyone (Macleod) ~ art, creativity 
March: Super Freakanomics (Levitt) psychology
April: Buyology (Lindstrom) ~ psychology & marketing
May: The Kind Diet (Silverstone) ~ vegetarianism
June: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Larsson) ~ fiction
July: Rework (Fried & Hansson) - psychology and business
August: The Poisonwood Bible (Kingsolver) ~ fiction
September: The Lovely Bones (Sebold) ~fiction
October: The Girl who played with Fire (Larsson) ~ fiction
November: The Girl who kicked a Hornets Nest (Larsson) ~ fiction
December: Exiles (Frost)  ~ spiritual

I don't think I read a book I didn't like. If I had to pick a favorite I would say my favorite fiction was The Poisonwood Bible, non-fiction was A Million Miles in a Thousand Years.  Here's hoping 2011 brings more good reading!  If you want to read more about what I though of the books you can hit BOOKS in the label list and there should be reviews for at first half of the year at least!

No Waste shopping at Bulk Barn

I recently viewed a video on Facebook of a supermarket that creates no waste.  All of the containers are reusable and you simply fill, use, ...