Tea… it’s not just for drinking anymore.

by - January 18, 2011


Last night my children were a little put out that there had been no dessert for quite a while.  Unfortunately, I didn’t have much to work with to change our sugarless streak.  I did however have a HEAP of left-over rice from dinner.  So…. into the oven it went with a few additions.  One such addition was the contents of two chai tea bags.  Let me tell ya… it was yummy.  Here is a brief outline:

1 can of light coconut milk
2 eggs
3 tbsp. sugar
2 chai tea bags or about 1 tbsp. loose chai tea blend
1 cup raisins
1 cup flaked coconut
2 cups of leftover sticky rice
Beat the eggs, mix everything together, dump it into a baking dish.  Place this into a larger pan and add a enough water to reach half way up your baking dish.  Bake for 45 min. at 325 degrees.  The kids loved it once I convinced them to try it.

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Yuuummmmm. That looks so good. Somehow, oatmeal will have to suffice for me tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohhhh, chai in oatmeal would be yummy to try!!

    ReplyDelete