Me vs. Nature... huh?

by - May 29, 2009

Well I am currently in a fight against nature... or more specifically with raspberries. We have millions of them in front of our place. The problem is it's a flat area that is perfect for playing but pulling a soccer ball out of the thorns is proving a bit frustrating for the younger generation.

I took this picture of Ty surveying the landscape, I can only imagine what philosophical conclusions he must be coming to.

SO... I am engaged in a battle, I am pulling them up by the roots. In order to appease the gardener within me I am offering these plants to anyone living in Bancroft, Kingston, or points in between. Just comment that you want some and I will bring them when I come through. This makes their sacrifice a bit easier for me to justify.

Wish me luck...

You May Also Like

10 comments

  1. raspberries are the beat to my heart.

    id care for and consume some if you want.

    mmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wear some good gloves when pulling them out...ouch!!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. are they hard to grow/tend? We LOVE!! raspberries (and YES! purchase them at $5/very SMALL container)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are they wild ones or the larger, cultured variety? I would take a few of the cultured kind if that's what you've got.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy,
    we had raspberries and black berries at our house (on Charles Street) years ago. They were not hard to tend...they grew behind our garage. We just had to be careful when we were picking because of all the nasty thorns.
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would LOVE to have some!!:o) I would plant them near my blackberries maybe!:o) (I would find a spot for sure anyways)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are NOT hard to grow... they are practically a weed!! I will have to bring some down next weekend... stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank for your comment on my Blog Steph. I am thrilled about the job! More hours in the Spring and Fall but only when the kids are in school. Then in the summer, just a few hours every few days. (Our kids are old enough to be home alone now...so it will work perfectly). It even pays well!!! 1st job that I have had for 14 years! ~Maybe I will even get in shape?! Here's hoping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh, what a luxury, to have enough wild raspberries that you can spare some! Hope you find good homes for them, and looking forward to some raspberry pictures later in the summer! :)

    ReplyDelete